CAYP – How to Join
The Clarion Area Young Professionals or “CAYP,” affiliate is a program to foster connections between professionals under the age of forty in the Clarion Area. We invite you to participate in a variety of social activities, personal and professional development seminars, volunteerism, and other events to promote networking and relationship building among the other young professionals in the Clarion Area. Any young professionals (40 and under) living and/or working in the Clarion Area may join, no matter your profession.
What is a young professional?
- 40 years old or younger
- Living or working in Clarion County or surrounding areas
- Working in ANY field, part-time or full-time, including office positions, retail, manufacturing, restaurant – ANYTHING!
- Looking to connect with other YP’s, develop personally and professionally, gain leadership experience, and get involved in the community
Thank you for joining Clarion Area Young Professionals! We’re happy you joined and look forward to having you be involved. Clarion Area Young Professionals was created to help connect young professionals in the Clarion Area and provide them with opportunities for professional development, networking, leadership opportunities, community involvement, volunteerism, and more.
How to get involved:
- Come to meetings and events! Our meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month. We host a social once a month, as well as special events, such as professional development workshops.
- Join a committee! We have three leadership committees: events and fundraising, membership, and marketing and community outreach. Get involved in a committee that interests you.
- Become a leader! Our board includes a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Committee Chairs that are elected annually. Join a leadership position and make a difference.
- Bring ideas! We’re a new organization and open to fresh ideas for events and ways to connect young professionals. If you have input on how to improve Clarion Area Young Professionals, we’d love to hear it.
- Spread the word! Tell your friends, family, co-workers, and classmates about Clarion Area Young Professionals and ask them to join us. All young professionals are welcome to join and include anyone under 40 living and/or working in the Clarion Area, no matter the profession.
Follow us on social media for updates!